Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wednesday

I woke to MORE wind today, and it's freezing. Unhappy, I went back to my warm bed for a few minutes before doing my morning stuff. I took Darrin, Jr. to school (he's started lifting weights with his friends at 6:00), then came home and helped get everyone else off to work and school.

I went to work for a few hours, and returned home at 2:30. I added to my blog and checked e-mail, answering some messages I'd been putting off. I spent some time studying for an insurance licensing exam I have to take next month. At 3:30 I taught a piano lesson, then left to go to the store to get some stuff for dinner, and some other things we need.

We ate at 5:15, so Tabitha could get to her activity at 6:00. Darrin arrived home while we were eating, but didn't join us. He was frustrated and upset about some things that are happening at work. We finished dinner, and I took Tabitha to her activity. When I came home Darrin had eaten and was sleeping on the couch. I spent some time talking with Darrin, Jr. and Adam, then took them to their activities.

I came home and went for a run on the treadmill--4 miles today. Darrin was still sleeping. I showered and picked up the boys from their activities. Darrin, Jr. told me that David wants him to go on a double date with him on Friday, and Darrin, Jr. wants to take my friend's oldest daughter, KC. So I just have to say some things about that. First of all, we're talking about my firstborn's first date with the firstborn of my friend (who is the firstborn in her family, which really has nothing to do with all this)...that in itself lends a bit of surrealism to the picture. From a "MOM" point of view, I'm a little freaked out about this dating thing anyway. Now let's move on to the other characters in the drama--we have K, who pretended/tried to love S, but had to give up because she wanted to be true to her heart which loves David. Then we have David...who loves K, as a friend, but isn't above sending tremors through that friend's heart by asking her out on a date, when truthfully, David's heart belongs to someone else. Moving back to the Darrin, Jr./KC thing...we have Darrin, Jr., who has moved through a myriad of beautiful young ladies, trying to make a connection without success because he lacks that "fatal David magnetism" (his words, not mine), and KC, who has a boyfriend, but still wants to date other young men to make Mom and Dad happy, and because she is easily bored.

Come on!!! Am I the only one who sees the irony and humor in all this! And just between you, me, and the wall, if K would give my son the time of day (romantically speaking), he would be head over heels--so maybe it's good she's distracted by that "FDM" (see above paragraph for Darrin, Jr's descriptive terminology if an acronym explantion is needed). Also, between you, me, and the wall--I happen to LOVE K, so if David breaks her heart (on purpose or not), I'll have to consider breaking his arm. WOW!! If you factor that last sentence into the paragraph above, well...I can't continue...it's too weird...leave that last sentence out of the above paragraph.

So now that I've just pointed out all the potentially weird twists and turns of the date, I know they'll all have a wonderful time, because they're teens, and their lives are all surreal anyway. In truth, there's nothing out of the ordinary in all of this--they live with it every day. Sometimes I really do thank the Lord that I'm an adult. Honestly, I have to agree with a former blogger friend, to me their lives would be Hell on Earth. I would NEVER go back, either.

Darrin arose finally. We talked briefly, and then went to bed and to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker