Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006


The wind was fierce this morning. It woke me up around 4:00. I dozed another hour, then got up and went through my morning routine. I got ready to run, and felt a cramping pain in my abdomen. Anyone male reading this can skip this next part--since I was having my menstrual cycle, I attributed the pain to that and ignored it, but it didn't subside, it increased. I tried to run, but returned home almost immediately. I found that I was passing an inordinate amount of blood--a little distressing. I changed and cleaned up, then took the kids to school. I came home and lay down, hoping the cramping would ease. It finally did around 10:00.

I dressed up and went to accompany my last batch of Jr. High band kids. I was home at 11:30--still passing too much blood, but it's lighter. I lay down again, hoping to get through this without having to see a doctor. Let's just say that, given my past, having a pelvic exam is something I absolutely dread and avoid at all costs. I do not have healthy habits when it comes to annual physicals. I think it's been 8 years since I had one. I promised my counselor I'd schedule one, but I haven't yet. I fell asleep and awoke around 3:00. I checked myself--normal to light blood flow--that's good--and no more cramping--even better. I started some split pea soup for supper, and rested a little more.

At 5:00 I had a meeting at the school. I'm on the curriculum committee and we're working on introducing a grammar supplement into our language arts program. The meeting was short (30 minutes), and I picked up some cotton balls and French bread (odd combination!!) from the store on the way home. We had dinner, and Darrin, Jr. got ready to attend a choir concert with David. I knew I still needed to respond to David's e-mail (Darrin keeps reminding me), so I was getting a little stressed. I made biscotti--I always do when I'm stressed. Darrin, Jr. flooded the sink while he was talking to David on the phone and trying to clear the table at the same time. I grabbed the phone and told David we'd call him back. Darrin, Jr. cleaned up the mess and called him back.

I put the kids to bed at 8:00, and Darrin, Jr. arrived home around 9:00--and went to bed, as well. Darrin and I went to bed. I kissed him good-night and went to sleep.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker