Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Monday

I got up at 5:00 did my morning routine and went for a run. A very LONG run. It helps me think. I have much to do today, and don't want to be distracted by emotional issues. When I got home I took the kids to school and went to work. I worked for about four hours, but was overcome by fatigue, so I went home and took a nap.

At 3:00 I went to the Junior High to accompany the band kids for their music festival. For 3.5 hours I accompanied students (29 of them). I was really tired when the last one played. I was glad to go home.

I found Darrin sleeping on the couch, Darrin, Jr. talking with friends on the computer, and Adam watching cartoons when I got home. Tabitha was performing with her choir at an assisted living center for seniors. I woke Darrin and we went to pick up fast food for dinner. Tabitha was home when we got back. We ate together and tried to regroup from our busy days. I made it through half my food before I had to stop. I was a little upset that I couldn't finish. I refuse to let my sadness affect my promise to keep eating. I went downstairs, leaving my family at the table. I sat on my bed, thinking. Slowly, finally, I was able to cry.

Ten minutes later I felt much better. Just accepting that I was sad, and that it was alright to feel that way, helped. I helped clean up dinner and the kids got ready for bed and went upstairs to read. Darrin and I went downstairs. He did some computer work, and I browsed blogs. I didn't feel like commenting. I wanted to wait until I felt more settled, less emotional. Darrin was installing the graphics card. I lay down on the couch and fell asleep.

Darrin woke me at 10:00. We went to bed and to sleep.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker