Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday

I woke this morning feeling surprisingly at peace. I did my morning routine, but scrapped my run when I walked outside. The wind chill was 22 degrees--too cold. I decided to try later when it warmed up. I showered and took the kids to school, then went to another rehearsal--2 1/2 hours of Junior High band solos. It was long.

I got home around 10:45, and made some phone calls for work. Then I ate a cookie (good lunch) and went to work. Okay, I know that wasn't the best food choice, but it's the first time in days that I actually WANTED to eat something, so I went with it. I finished my dad's tax return, and we chatted about my role in his business, how to buy a house (I'm so tired of renting!), and I told him he HAD to go with us on a mini-vacation over Memorial Day weekend. I want to go to our family property, which is on the other side of the state, and spend the weekend. My dad caved and will come for the weekend (my mom already said they'd go). I'm excited to get away--no tv, no computers (except I'm sure Darrin will bring his laptop), no traffic, no people--my kind of place.

I went home at 2:30, met with a former professor for half an hour in preparation for the seminars I'll be teaching in the summer, then I had to pick up the kids from school (car pool conflict), and got home in time to teach my last make-up lesson.

Tonight was pizza night, so Tabitha and I went to get pizza. I actually wanted to eat again (I ate THREE pieces, which for me is TONS). Then I was too full. I took Tabitha to her activity.

The weather is still cold, and raining on and off. We're supposed to get a couple of inches of snow tonight, so I did a treadmill run. I showered, then we relaxed and chatted. The frustration I've been feeling is slowly leaving. Maybe Ward is right--allowing myself to express how I feel, no matter how confusing, conflicting, or bizarre, really can help me heal. But I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon. It's pretty ugly.

We had a relaxing evening. We put the kids to bed around 9:00. Darrin and I cuddled on the couch for awhile, then went to bed. I would love another day like today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker