Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Sunday, May 07, 2006


Darrin, Jr. awoke around 5:00 to get ready for a school choir trip/competition. I woke with him, then went back to sleep for about an hour. I got up at 6:00 and took him to school to meet his bus. I came home, did online stuff, and cleaned house. I went for a run at 7:45. It was a glorious day. I didn't want to go back home, and extended my usual route another mile. Finally I turned toward home. I have a busy day ahead of me.

I showered and got ready for the day--just as my first rehearsal student arrived. A trail of Junior High band kids went through my house from 9:00 till noon. My phone kept ringing during rehearsals. I didn't answer most of the calls.

My last student left as Darrin arrived from doing errands. Tabitha and Adam went to my dad's house to do chores. Annie's mom dropped her off there to help.

I asked Darrin to take me to lunch around 3:30 (I hadn't had time to eat yet), and so we went out. It's interesting, our waitress was new (2nd day), and she forgot about us. We were left in a secluded corner for about 30 minutes before she realized her mistake. But we had a lot to talk about, and really didn't mind. She was mortified when she realized what she had done, but I consider it a blessing. Darrin and I were able to talk, uninterrupted, about many things that are going on right now. We had a really nice lunch (which had now turned into an early dinner), and got home around 5:30. Tabitha and Adam were waiting for us at home. They had gone out to a late lunch with my dad, after finishing the work he had for them.

We watched a family movie--I slept, so I have no idea what it was. Tabitha had wanted to go for a run with me, but it was raining lightly, and I was too tired. The phone rang at 8:30--it was Annie. She just got a new bike and wanted Tabitha and I to come see it. It's a little late for our family, but we went anyway. Darrin went with us. Adam stayed home to relax and use the computer.

We went to Walmart while we were out and got a few things I had forgotten yesterday. Darrin picked up some jack stands because he has to work on one of our cars (replacing the clutch). I got really tired again, while we were shopping. We got home around 9:30 and sent Tabitha and Adam to bed.

Darrin and I dozed on the couch while we waited for Darrin, Jr. to get home. He finally called around 12:30, and Darrin went to pick him up from the school. Everyone was in bed and sleeping by 1:00 a.m.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker