Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, May 04, 2006


I awoke today feeling NORMAL. No moodiness, no sadness, no loneliness. I have to say, getting all the insane feelings written out was VERY therapeutic, but talking about what I've written with someone who understands many of the feelings I have was even more so. Maybe that's one of the reasons I won't talk to my counselor about many things. In spite of her training, she has no idea what I feel--and sometimes I don't think she cares, either. So thanks, Ward. I'm sure reading and commenting on my self-serving, self-pitying entries wasn't the most riveting activity you've had for awhile, so I REALLY appreciate it. Especially since it seems to have brought me so much relief over the past couple of days. Amazing...

I went through my normal morning routine and did an indoor run since it's still raining and cold (and I'm a wimp). I took the kids to school, then came home and taught a lesson to a student who will be taking a piano exam in the next couple of weeks. I went to work for about an hour, then my dad came in. We chatted for awhile.

I left work and went to school to train a new volunteer in the library. Before I went wacko in December, I spent about 10 hours weekly running the library. We don't have a librarian because we're a charter school on a limited budget. I kept telling the board that they need to hire a librarian soon, but they didn't listen, so I checked out in December, and they've been without any library help since then. So I'm going to train the new volunteer, but I'm not going back. They need a librarian, not a library run by volunteers. I spent about 2 hours training, then left and went home to regain my sanity.

I called David's house and talked to his mom. We're supposed to go out to lunch tomorrow, so we made plans to meet at a local restaurant.

Darrin, Jr. and I went to Walmart to get groceries and some new clothes for him. He wears out his clothes so quickly--I don't know how. We came home and folded laundry, then I made dinner and we ate (yes, I ate, too).

At 10:00 I wrote in my blog. At 10:30 I went to bed. Once again I'm experiencing a disconnected feeling. I need to figure out why that's happening. It's more than a little bothersome, and VERY distracting. I'm hoping it's just left over from all the emotional turmoil of the past few days.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker