Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday

I decided when I woke up today, that after my 8-mile walk yesterday, I should have a day of rest. Actually, I was feeling really lazy and unmotivated, so even without the walk, I probably wouldn't have run today. I slowly got ready for the day, checked e-mail/blogs, and took Darrin to work (still no extra car--still working on it). I drove the kids to school and went grocery shopping.

I came home and did some studying for my exam, then went to work. Work is boring right now. I cleaned the office and went home. DJ had come home for lunch and made lunch for the two of us. We sat and talked for about 15 minutes, then he left for school. I was supposed to go work in the library, but my trainee called and canceled our appointment, so I stayed home and did laundry and other chores.

At 2:00 I couldn't stand it any longer. The day was gorgeous and I needed go be IN it. I went for a long walk (only 4 miles this time), and got home in time to meet the kids as they came home from school. DJ and I went to pick up Darrin from work, then went to Walmart to make some new keys for the front door (mine broke off in the lock a few days ago), and let DJ shop for some unknown item. We bought sandwiches from Subway for dinner, took them home and ate quickly. Darrin and I had a class at 6:30 (religion) and had to leave right away. The class was really worthwhile. It's an overview of a 12-step addictions program based on the atonement of Christ. Larry, who facilitates a local 12-step program, is teaching it. I love Larry.

We got home around 8:30. I got the kids into bed by 9:00, then Darrin and I relaxed for awhile before bed. I found myself feeling sleepy by 9:30--so I went to bed. Darrin joined me later. We snuggled, I kissed him and fell asleep once again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker