Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday

I awoke around 5:15, got up and answered e-mail, wrote in my blog, and went back to bed for just a minute. I was reading my scriptures, and I fell asleep. I woke for the second time at 7:50, jumped up, dressed, got Tabitha and Adam into the car with the carpool girls and took them to school. I'm assuming that DJ and Darrin got to their respective locations without me.

I came home and got ready for my run when the phone rang. It was my sister. She wanted to talk for a long time--about an hour. I got off the phone with her and it rang again--a former music professor who was trying to coordinate the piano exams for next week. Another long phone call. I was a little frustrated when I realized there was no way I was going to get my run in now. I went to work, then met a friend/colleague for lunch at 1:00. We both teach seminary (religion class) to the youth, and wanted to coordinate classes and schedules. She's been teaching the Sophomores and Juniors, and doesn't want them next year. Since that class has my son (DJ) in it, she wanted to be sure that I was okay teaching him. I said that would be fine.

I got home around 3:30, and taught a couple of piano lessons. Tabitha wanted Annie to come play, but wasn't able to contact her. I made dinner and we ate without Darrin, who was working on replacing the clutch in our Honda. Tabitha finally got in touch with Annie and made arrangements for me to pick her up at 7:00 for a movie night. They watched Nanny McPhee, which is a very cute movie, and made more popcorn than they could eat.

I took DJ to a friend's house where bunches of teens were hanging out.

At 10:30 I took Annie home. At 11:00 Darrin and I went to get DJ. We were home by 11:15, in bed by 11:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker