Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Thursday

Today I woke up feeling that everything in my life has gone back to normal--GOOD normal, not stressful normal. No more anxiety, no more desire to have absolute control, no more issues with food, no fear over silly things. I went through my morning routine, wondering if the feelings of normalcy would stay. They did. I read e-mail and blogs. I took the kids to school. I ran. I studied. I worked. No change in the feeling of peace--I'm loving it.

I went to a special luncheon catered for the volunteers for the school. I haven't been volunteering as much in the past few months--I used to be a daily sight, and before that, I was a teacher. At the luncheon I saw many of the people I was working with before. They said they missed me. A few commented on my weight-loss. They seem to think it's a wonderful thing. They have no idea what they're talking about, but I just smiled and thanked them for their interest.

I went for a walk when I got home. I love the beautiful days we've been having. I walked for about an hour and got home shortly after my kids. Tabitha and I went to the grocery store and I let her choose our dinner--cod fish (she wants me to bake it with lemon/dill sauce), tomatoes (multicolored--we'll mix them with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar), asparagus, and whole wheat french bread. She has good taste. She bought me a dozen long-stemmed roses with the money that's burning a hole in her pocket. They were five dollars a dozen today.

We went home and made dinner. Darrin wasn't home--still working on that stupid car. He got home shortly after we finished eating. Adam wanted to watch a movie. I told him that, regardless of whether or not it was finished, he HAD to go to bed at 8:00. He was up way too late visiting last night. He agreed.

We put the kids to bed at 8:00, let them read till 8:30, then tucked them in. Darrin and I relaxed until 9:30, then I told him I wanted to go to bed. He raised his eyebrows at me, making me laugh. I told him I was TIRED. He gave me a very skeptical look. I got ready for bed. Darrin joined me a little later. I am SO hopeful that things can continue the way they have been. I am enjoying the peace of mind. I feel so much better. I think, I hope, I am better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker