Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday

I love Fridays. I woke up to another beautiful day. It's supposed to hit 78 degrees today, and we're supposed to have another downpour this afternoon. DJ needed me to take him to school today, so I postponed my run till after everyone was off to school and work. I had to hurry because I had an appointment at the school at 10:00. I ran my usual route, but stayed on the ridge rather than cutting down to the streets and sidewalks. It cuts about half a mile off my run, but that was alright today.

I met my carpool neighbor and we went to the school library. We spent 2 hours working on a list of books to order for the library. We have a lot of money that needs to be spent before the end of June, so our library will really benefit from it. At noon I went home with the list started, but not nearly finished. We'll have to go back next week.

I spent some time studying, hit work for a couple of hours, then met a student at home for a lesson. Tomorrow we have piano exams for the Royal American Conservatory. It's a certification program. Tabitha and Adam are taking the exams, and they aren't nearly as ready as I'd like them to be. We all burned out too soon this year.

Tabitha came home from school with a year's worth of things she wants to cram into tonight. Among the list are: inviting Annie to dinner and a movie night, meeting a friend to work on a school project, practicing for her exam, and making posters for the school project. I told her she couldn't do everything tonight. She pouted and was difficult. I ignored her. She called Annie's house about 20 times--no answer. She tried to get in touch with the project friend, but the number in the phone book was disconnected. She made posters.

I left to get away from the temper that was brewing. I took DJ to an Amnesty International Battle of the Bands concert, then I spent about an hour shopping and driving, figuring Tabitha would cool off in that time. Then I went home and made dinner with Darrin. I love to cook with him--I love to do pretty much anything with him! Sometimes I think that because I'm not attracted to other men, I stay more in love with Darrin than is normal. But sometimes I wish I WAS attracted to other men, just so I'd FEEl normal. What is normal anyway? It was pouring rain on the way home from my drive/shopping, and then we had a beautiful rainbow for nearly 30 minutes.

We ate dinner around 7:30 (late, for us)--then I remembered I'd offered to bring the kids and help Scott with his Eagle project tomorrow. I have no idea where it is. Tabitha had been calling their house all night, so I was a little hesitant to call again, but did so anyway. Annie answered. I asked for Scott. He gave me some very confusing directions and handed the phone back to Annie. I let Tabitha talk to Annie, then asked to talk to Scott again. But David had the phone. He said I needed to talk to him because he was the responsible one, not Scott. That's debatable. We talked for a little while, he clarified the directions, then said Annie and Tabitha wanted to get together tonight. I asked him if his parents were getting home from their business trip tonight. He said yes, in about an hour, and L was bringing the new baby to meet his grandparents. I nixed the get-together. I told him to tell Annie that I think she needs to spend some family time tonight, and we'll see her another time. .

Tabitha and Adam went to bed around 9:00. An hour later DJ called for a ride home. Darrin and I went to get him. He went to bed, and Darrin and I did the same. I fell asleep before Darrin joined me, woke up for a kiss, and immediately fell asleep again.

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:41:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    I hope I'm a good parent--mostly I hope I'm a good MOM. I didn't have a great role model and I really want my kids to grow up strong and healthy, emotionally and physically.

    I'm loving the "up" I'm currently experiencing. It's a great relief.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker