Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday

I got up late (5:45), but went quickly through my morning routine, guzzled a protein shake, and ran my new course that I charted yesterday. It has a HUGE hill I have to run up, which I did, and then was too tired to maintain my pace for the next few miles. I walked/ran the rest of the course. This will be a challenge.

I got home, showered, and drove the kids to school, then came home and taught piano lessons. At noon I went to the office to work. I found my dad there, struggling with some problem clients, so I worked on HIS taxes (which are late because he keeps forgetting to get all his paperwork together), until 3:00, when I went home to get ready for my last group lesson of the semester. I've been telling all my students that I'll be taking a sabbatical for summer, so with a couple of exceptions, no lessons until the end of August. It is really a relief to know I get some time off.

I have a contract job accompanying the Junior High band students for District Music Festival, so I spent about 35 minutes reading through their accompaniments and earmarking the ones I'll need to spend some time on.

My students arrived at 4:00. I awarded trophies and ribbons to the students who participated in the piano festival last Saturday. A one is the highest rating. I had seven students participate--4 got ones, 2 got twos, and 1 got a three (and I'm cutting her some slack since it was her first time and she was pretty scared). I was proud of them for participating even though I couldn't be there. They did well!!

I was finished teaching at 5:00, and decided to go for a walk. I got my across-the-street-carpool-mom friend to go with me, and we walked for about an hour. Her parents are in poor health and she needed to vent.

Darrin, Jr. had dinner ready when I got home ( I LOVE that boy!!)--ravioli and spinach salad. I tried to eat, but only managed a bit of salad and one ravioli. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. Darrin, Jr. had a concert tonight, and Darrin had meetings (AGAIN!!), so I left Tabitha and Adam home to finish homework and read, and went to Darrin, Jr's concert with him. It was really good. I sat with some old friends, which was fun.

We got home at 8:30. I put the kids to bed as my mom called me wanting me to do some editing on some papers for her students. I finished two of the ten, then got bored and stopped. I'll do the rest in the morning. Darrin got home and did e-mail while I wrote in my blog. We went to bed around 10:00--sleep came quickly and easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker