Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday

I woke up feeling great!! I went through my morning devotional, published my blog, visited the Cleavers, and went for a very LONG run. I've decided to run our local 5K this year. I've walked it with my kids, but this time, I think I'll run it. So I've been trying to run on the rugged trails around town in preparation. I know I'm too slow to place--that's not the point. I just want to finish the race.

I came home, took the kids to school and did some grocery shopping. I met my first student at 9:30 and taught lessons till 11:30. Darrin, Jr. came home for lunch today, so we visited for a few minutes before I left for work. I finished up a few more personal returns, did more work on a rather complicated corporate one, told my boss I wouldn't work on a return for a corporation that wants to pay me extra to cook the books for them (no bonus is worth a jail sentence), and went home to practice for a couple of hours. I put dinner in the oven and taught more lessons while it baked. We ate and I shuttled the kids to their various activities while Darrin did laundry.

FOUR DAYS TILL RECITAL!!! I'm not nervous yet, but I will be. The two pianos were put in place in the chapel today for our recital on Sunday. One of my piano buddies met me and we discussed some last minute details for the recital and played the instruments to be sure they were well-matched and in tune. I ran through some of my music before taking the kids home from their activities.

Darrin and I ran some errands after the kids were in bed. And I have to say, for the last 20 years I have lived with my very best friend--and I still do. He just makes me happy. We never seem to run out of conversation, and holding his hand still makes me tingle (among other things). When I'm old--really OLD--I want him beside me, being old with me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker