Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Saturday, April 01, 2006


No one should get up at 4:30 a.m. on a Saturday. I think it's immoral. However, since I needed to be on the road before 6:00, I got up anyway. It was good that I left when I did, because I had misjudged the driving time (3 hours instead of 2.5), so as it was, there were times when I was seriously speeding (which I RARELY do--why would you need to if the speed limit is 75 mph?). Fortunately, no tickets--I didn't even see a highway patrolman, so maybe they were asleep like every other sane person.

I started judging at 9:00, and was finished by 1:00 (four rounds). Most of the pieces played were not as well prepared as they should have been. I only gave one high rating. It was disappointing to hear them. Out of all the students, only about 10 will be allowed to go to the State level (all students have the opportunity to advance if they play well enough). I went to lunch with a colleague, which was kind of fun. She's an interesting person, about the same age as my mom. We talked about her grandchildren, her trip to the Bahamas, her mother with dementia, and her diet of only natural foods. I'm afraid I couldn't contribute much. My early morning was kicking in, and I had another 3-hour drive ahead of me.

I started the trip home, and realized that I had packed a change of clothes so I wouldn't have to wear heels, stockings, and a skirt all day. By that time I was on the freeway, travelling 75 mph (not speeding this time), and I didn't want to stop--I wanted to GET HOME. So I did the totally irresponsible thing and changed while I drove. I have to say, the greatest challenges were putting on my socks, and tying my shoelaces. Thank goodness traffic was sparse and I was only changing the bottom half. I can't imaging how complicated a total wardrobe change would be. I got home around 5:00. I WAS TIRED.

Darrin, Jr. had a church meeting at 6:00, so I took him to that, then came home and practiced for a couple of hours. My house is getting messy. I'm going to have to really clean tomorrow. So much for resting on the Sabbath...

I picked up Darrin, Jr. at 8:00, then we went to the store to get groceries and other necessities. Then, home and to bed. I'm still missing Darrin and Adam. I'm glad they'll be home tomorrow night.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker