Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday

I DID NOT SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!! Either I'm really missing Darrin, or my internal clock is rebelling against daylight-savings time. I finally fell asleep around 4:30 a.m., and Darrin, Jr. woke me up around 9:30. Five hours is better than none. Tabitha and Darrin, Jr. had breakfast and relaxed. I got up and ran for an hour. Then I showered and got ready for the day.

David called around 11:00. He wanted to check on the piano rehearsal time (he and another young man are turning pages for us), and wanted to tell me about his first track meet. I asked him how he did. "Not bad, for me," he said. He came in 3rd to the last--which was better than he had anticipated--and he didn't get lapped. He said he's trying to stay focused on why he joined the team, and to not compare himself to others. Good for him!! He actually has a great build for a distance runner, and will do a lot better when his stamina is built up.

I met with my piano buddies a little after noon. We rehearsed for about an hour and a half. My lack of sleep turned into a lack of concentration. I didn't play well. I came home around 2:00 and crashed on the couch. I don't remember anything till the phone rang around 6:30. It was Adam, telling me that he and Darrin will be home around midnight.

I got up and spent and hour cleaning. Darrin, Jr. and Tabitha ate leftovers for dinner. Then I practiced till 9:30. I fell asleep again for about an hour, then got up to post this. I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the morning, and I'm really tired, so I'll post it tonight and go to bed. I can't wait till my boys get home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker