Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday

I am SO glad this week is over!!! I awoke feeling a great sense of relief. I'm not certain why this week was so hard for me--but it's almost over, and today will be much more relaxed than yesterday. I got up at 5:30 and posted my blog, then visited the Cleavers. It seems that I've removed my blog link from my profile--don't know when I did that!! I fixed the problem, checked e-mail, then practiced until my kids were ready for school. Only Tabitha and Darrin, Jr. are going today. Adam and Darrin are going on a weekend trip together.

I took the kids to school, then came home and went for a run. Not my best time, but I'm feeling a little tired today. I showered and sent my husband and son off on their weekend, then went to work, met with clients, and worked on tax returns. One of my clients had forgotten to give me some information, so I had to redo a schedule for them. They were so embarrassed--I told them it happens all the time, but the wife made me/my family some homemade caramels, and the husband added a monetary bonus to their bill. Who can complain about that???

I rehearsed with one of my piano buddies at 1:30, came home and practiced till the kids got home from school. Tabitha made arrangments to spend the evening with Annie and Darrin, Jr. made a connection with one of his friends. I bought seafood for dinner, and we had it with pasta, spinach/strawberry salad, and mangoes. Annie had never had shrimp before and DID NOT like it. However, she did try it--very brave.

Annie and Tabitha watched "Chicken Little" while I got ready for my trip tomorrow. I'm judging a piano festival tomorrow in a city about 2.5 hours away. I'll have to leave before 6 a.m. It will be a very long day with all the driving, and I'll be judging for about seven hours. I'm looking forward to relaxing on Sunday.

I took Annie home around 9:00, picked up Darrin, Jr. (it will be good when he can drive, maybe), and we all went to bed. It's lonely without Darrin.

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, April 01, 2006 5:01:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    So what's that "loneliness" all about? I don't understand. And I don't like it. Are WE the only ones who ever feel this way? Why doesn't anyone else talk about it? I need to figure this out--don't need ANOTHER source of starvation.

    I think I like my days busy so I don't have time to obsess about the really important things.

    Good to hear from you again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker