Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday

I got up at 5 a.m. with Darrin, did my devotional, drank a protein shake and RAN. What a wonderful feeling. I love running. It clears my head, works out any stress or frustration, and makes me feel strong. I came home in time to grab a quick shower and take the kids to school. I did some quick shopping, then met my first student around 9:00. I taught lessons till noon.

I'm still trying to keep things on an even keel--low stress. There will be plenty to stress me out when my mother-in-law gets here tomorrow. I have to go to the airport to pick her up as soon as I'm done with my morning students--it's a 5-hour round trip drive to the airport and I'm really not looking forward to it. Actually, I really love my mother-in-law, but she is SO opinionated, and since I am, too, we often butt heads. I told Darrin I'd try to keep a low profile this visit.

I checked in at work for a few hours, then came home to teach again. I taught from 3:30 to 5:30, ran to get pizza, then took Tabitha to her church activity and Darrin, Jr. to a rehearsal. I got home in time to take Adam and I to our church activities. Tonight was VERY cold and windy, and we were having workshops on car maintenance. I FROZE MY BUTT OFF--but it was really fun. I enjoy working with the 16-17 year old girls.

Darrin was gone to a meeting when we all got home around 8:30. I stayed up waiting for him, did some laundry and other housework, wrote in my blog, and went for a short run. Darrin got home while I was showering (around 9:30). He came into the bathroom and got ready for bed as I finished my shower, then he stayed and watched me towel off. Darrin followed me as I walked into the bedroom to get dressed and we talked for awhile. Sleep came easily and quickly.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker