Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Sunday

I have had a difficult time writing about this day. I found out this morning that a good friend of mine lost his 8-year-old daughter to pneumonia yesterday. She was being life-flighted to a nearby city and died in transit. I have known her since she was a baby. The loss is gut-wrenching and horrifying. I wept for most of the day, then tried to pull myself together in time to get ready for the performance I and my piano ensemble have been practicing for over the past few months.

We met at 5:00, ate together and discussed our program. Our page-turners hadn't practiced with us in the chapel with the two piano set-up, so at 6:00 we had a program run-through for their benefit. They're so nervous that they'll mess us up. I was able to relax and turn my mind to the performance, but it was really difficult. Our ensemble works well together, and we LOVE playing with each other!

At 7:00 the audience was packed and we began. I forget EVERYTHING else when I perform. It's a time when I feel true joy because I'm sharing something I love with my whole heart. David tells me he could turn off the sound and just WATCH me perform, because he thinks it's the only time I look happy and at peace. He's funny. I told him he couldn't watch ME--he needed to watch the music and do his job! I never get nervous--I just have a wonderful time.

The performance went SO WELL! We finished and took our bows--happy and sad. I will miss our rehearsal times, but it's good to be done with this performance. There was a reception following, so we got to meet, greet, and talk to many people. That's not really my thing, but it's a necessary component of performing. So I put on my smile and my gracious manner, and pretended to be at ease as I talked with people I don't know.

I finally got home around 9:30. The kids went to bed after Tabitha pitched a fit about not being able to brush her teeth when she wanted to. I HATE it when she gets overtired. She's impossible. But I just wanted to hug her, hold her. I'm so sad about the death of my friend's sweet daughter.

Darrin and I went to bed around midnight. We stayed up to talk and cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker