Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006


I woke up at 5:30, feeling well and ready to run again. I did my morning routine, drank a protein shake and ran a few miles, and got ready for the day. We're supposed to have snow today. I drove the kids to school, then came home and worked some more on our area piano festival paperwork. Then I called all the local teachers to let them know what time their students will play on Saturday. I have decided not to help out that day. I'm trying to eliminate things from my life so I can concentrate on getting better. This will really help cut some stress. I also pulled my kids from the festival (the first time in 7 years that I have not had them participate). They actually were fine with that. It seems they've been feeling stress over me, as well, and are glad to do a little less.

We had a blizzard going by 9:30, and it continued to snow throughout the day. I decided to take things easy, so I took the day off and did some housecleaning. Then I balanced our books and did my own tax return--one day late. I really got bogged down this year. Too many clients.

My students began arriving at 3:30, and I was finished teaching by 5:30. I made chili and cornbread for dinner--and I ate some. My stomach is unhappy that I keep feeding it--it makes lots of noise and feels uneasy, but so far, everything is staying down. I don't like eating yet, but I don't hate eating anymore, and I think that's a step in the right direction.

Instead of joining my family as they did laundry tonight, I relaxed, as they suggested, surfed the internet (no porn--yay!!!), and chatted with them. It was really nice. I'm experiencing a feeling of relief and well-being for the first time in many months.

Darrin has to work tomorrow before 6:00 a.m., so we went to bed around 9:00. We talked for a few minutes, and I fell asleep quickly.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker