Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday

I hurried through my morning routine this morning--left a few comments in blogs, answered email, and got ready to take my dad to surgery. My mom took the day off work and went with us. My dad was very nervous about the surgery--he's having a lens replacement for cateracts. While he was being worked on, my mom and I went shopping at Sam's Club. The surgery center was supposed to call us when Dad's done. My brother kept calling though, and tying up the phone--and my mom LET him!! I still get so frustrated at her, and my brother is disgusting. I told him not to call because we needed to hear from the doctor when the surgery was finished, and he just called MORE. I walked off and left her talking to him because they were making me NUTS!!! I finally told her I was leaving, so she hung up and came with me.

Naturally, when we got to the eyecare center, they'd been trying to call us. I didn't say anything, but I was ticked off at my mom and brother. We waited about an hour, and then saw the doctor. He took off my Dad's patch and for the first time since high school, my dad can see without glasses. He'll have the other eye done in a couple of weeks. It's pretty amazing. We ate a late lunch and I got home around 4:30. I had canceled my piano students for today, which was good.

When Darrin got home we called the kids together. Something I haven't mentioned (maybe because it just seems SO MUCH is happening at once right now) is that Darrin has been called to be a Bishop in our church for a student ward (we have a lay ministry--callings are issued through the Stake and General Presidency). That means he'll be "in charge", for want of a better description, of a ward consisting of single students who go to the university here. He'll be their Bishop, their clergyman, for about three years. We let the kids know about this, and then we went out to dinner.

We got home around 7:00. Darrin, Jr. and I had appointments to see OUR Bishop at 7:30. We changed clothes and went to see him. Darrin, Jr. will be 16 a week from Sunday, so he had a birthday interview with the Bishop. I had a follow-up interview. Our Bishop has been keeping close tabs on me as I go through counseling, but I've been dodging him the past few weeks. I just didn't want to talk to one more person about the things I'm going through. So I met with him tonight and let him know of the progress I'm making.

We got home around 8:45, and put the kids to bed. I talked to Darrin for awhile, then fell asleep on the couch. He woke me at 10:30 and we went to bed.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Not gross--important!

    First, what parts of your legs hurt--inner or outer thighs? Both? You've mentioned that you hate working your legs, so describe them.

    Second--what are you wearing?

    Third--you're on a treadmill, right? Are you holding the rails or free-running? Holding can tilt your body so your legs land on a slant, which can cause your rear and hamstrings to hurt.

    Answer my questions and I can tell you more--but don't stop running. You'll be amazed at the benefit.

    I run most everyday, and lift every other day--but I LOVE working my legs. I hate working my shoulder muscle groups.

    Our marriage really is wonderful, but we've been through hell to get there. My dad and husband are trying to get me to go to an eating disorders clinic for awhile. Looks like there could be some more hell.

     
  • At Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker