Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Sunday, April 09, 2006


I slept badly last night. During our rehearsal yesterday I hit my knee on the edge of a pew, effectively moving the kneecap off to the side and back again. It was swollen and bruised and kept waking me up. Also, I have overworked my right wrist, so my hand kept falling asleep, and I didn't want to get up to put on my splint. Finally, around 4:30 I got up, found the splint, and got some sleep for a couple of hours.

I got up, posted my blog, visited some others, answered e-mail... usual stuff. I went for a nice LONG run, then came home to find everyone still asleep. I let them sleep, did my morning devotional, and showered. At 10:30 I woke everyone. They didn't want to stir. Darrin finally got up and showered. Tabitha and Adam rolled out of bed slowly, and Darrin, Jr. moaned at me. I left them to their morning woes.

My rehearsal went well. The whole group did not come--it was just me and one other. We actually spent about an hour working on our new pieces, then sat and chatted for another one. We've had so little down time lately. This particular piano buddy is a high school friend. We've been friends for years, but it seems that only in the last three years have we REALLY gotten to know each other. Maybe that's my fault--too many emotional walls... Anyway, she's an amazing friend, musician, person--I love being with her.

Tabitha had arranged for Annie to come for dinner at 5:00. Darrin and I went shopping to get some stuff for dinner and to look at some clothes for him for work--I've never understood why he likes to clothing shop, or why he likes me to be there when he does. However, I love to be with him, so I go anyway. He ended up with a few pairs of dress pants and a couple of nice button down shirts. He's a clothes horse and will probably want more next week.

We came home and made dinner--sloppy joes this time, to atone for the shrimp fiasco the last time Annie came. Tabitha and Adam folded laundry while Darrin and I made dinner. Darrin, Jr. was at a friend's house, so Darrin went to get him. We ate together. I am such a proponent of the family dinner thing. I LOVE having everyone together, talking, laughing, eating good food. What could be better?

Tabitha and Annie cleared the table, and I cleaned the kitchen and did dishes while everyone scuttled away do ANYTHING but that. That's okay, I needed some alone time. I made some double chocolate biscotti to keep me busy, because I'm starting to feel that pre-performance adrenalin. David called while I was working. He skipped his track meet today because his favorite sister is home for the OTHER sister's wedding (he has six siblings, two brothers and four sisters, as do I), and he said he wanted to spend some time with her. We talked about his role in tomorrow's concert (page-turner) and discussed our rehearsal schedule for Sunday. I told him if he turns too slowly, I push him off his chair. But if he turns too quickly, I push him off TWICE. He laughed.

At 8:30 I took, Tabitha, Annie, and Darrin, Jr. to the store with me, because I had forgotten to buy some paper plates and I need a new splint for my wrist. We shopped a bit. The girls went to the clothing department to look at clothes, and Darrin, Jr. went to electronics. Around 9:00 we left to take Annie home.

The kids went to bed around 9:30, and Darrin and I stayed up a little longer, then went to bed around midnight.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker