Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Day Three--the Sunday of Insanity

I slept till 7:30 today. No run--I won't have time before church. Today is the day Darrin will become a Bishop--an important day for him, so an important day for all of us. I did my morning routine and went to put in my contacts. When I put in my right one, there was something in my eye between the lens and my eyeball. The pain was intense. My eye immediately started swelling--all red and puffy. I COULD NOT get the lens out. I was in agony for nearly an hour. I told Darrin I was going to have to go to the emergency room. I didn't know what else to do. I went to my room to get dressed and decided to try once more to remove the lens, this time successfully. I was SOOO relieved.

I finished getting ready for church, but put on a SpongeBob T-shirt with my skirt, just to bug my husband. He just rolled his eyes at me, then said I'd look good in anything. He always wins when it comes to who is the least juvenile--I am definitely still an adolescent at heart. I changed my shirt and we left.

Our church meetings were really good, but I was tired. It has been a long week. We attended church in the student ward, where Darrin is now Bishop, then went to our own family ward. That is a lot of church!! I was glad to go home.

We had planned a family birthday dinner for April (Darrin, Jr. is one of those birthdays) this afternoon at 5:00. Darrin, Jr had invited two friends--David and Tom. I invited Annie to come, as well. My parents' home was full by 5:15 with my family, my sister and niece, and two brothers, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, parents, and my nephews--18 people. We had a really wonderful dinner. I had to force the food down, which was aggravating.

The cakes that Annie, Tabitha and I made yesterday turned out to be really delicious. Annie was thrilled. She's too much fun--I love having her around.

We all went home. It was a long day. A good day. I fell asleep before Darrin joined me, woke up for a kiss, and went back to sleep again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker