Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Day One

I awoke at 4:30, arose at 5:00. I knew my mother-in-law would sleep longer than the rest of us (on Pacific time), so I wanted to get my morning routine, including my run, finished before she got up. I am getting so much stronger!! Today I exended my run by a mile and ran the first mile in a record time for me. It feels wonderful. Note: I am eating 3 meals daily now--not big meals, but at least I'm eating. Meals for a typical day includes a protein shake for breakfast, a salad with nuts or cheese, and fruit for lunch, and then I eat dinner with my family. My servings are still very small, and I have to talk to myself to get through each meal, but I'm doing it and I'm proud of myself.

Mary joined me as I finished my run. We chatted for a moment, then I showered and took the kids to school. When I got back, I finished up the paperwork for tomorrow's piano festival, then Mary and I delivered the paperwork and went to the store. My mother-in-law moves so s-l-o-w-l-y!!! I nearly went nuts. We were at the store for an hour and a half. I swear she has to do every aisle and we were in a Super Walmart!!! I thought we'd never get out of there. She got in a very long check-out line. I did the self-check-out because I'd had it with waiting for her.

Mary wanted to stop at get salads at Wendy's. I told her the lines would be forever, but she insisted, so I went to the drive-through. We sat in line for 10 minutes, barely moving, and she said maybe we should go home to eat instead. GOOD IDEA!!!! By the time we got home, she had a headache and wouldn't eat what I prepared for lunch. She snacked on junk food instead, and complained that she couldn't lose the extra pounds she has put on recently. I'm the WRONG person to talk to about losing weight right now. I ignored her.

Darrin called with some questions about our insurance. We talked for a few minutes, and then I went to work. My dad visited with Mary for about an hour while I typed forms. I took them to the copy room, and somehow lost one of the originals for the Social Security Administration between my office and that room. I looked for it for about 30 minutes, then gave up and went home to teach piano lessons.

I taught from 3:30 till 5:00, and then made dinner. We ate and then I left to go to a church women's conference. I wasn't planning to go, but REALLY needed a break from my MIL. I'm so glad I went. It was so much fun--a good break. And it gave Mary a chance to visit with Darrin and the kids without me.

Darrin and I went to bed. I was out of sorts because I didn't feel like I got anything done today. And I was tired because I was up so early. Darrin started to cuddle. I turned my back to him and pretended to sleep. He stroked my back and whispered, "Only four more days till she leaves..." "I hate you," I told him. He laughed again and pulled me close. He said he was sorry I'd had a frustrating day and kissed my neck. "Okay, I really love you," I said, kissing him back. Somehow, after that, everything seemed much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker