Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Day Four

Monday

We awoke to thickly falling snow. I hurried through my usual morning routine and ran a few miles on the treadmill. I took Darrin, Jr. to school, then hurried past all the other crazy parents to go home to pick up Adam, Tabitha, and my carpool girls. Mary was up when I arrived, staring in horror at our beautiful spring snow. In the last few days she's seen high winds, beautiful warm days, and a return to winter. I suppose it's not unusual to experience shock at that.

I rushed the kids to school, noticed that the roads were icing over, and decided I didn't want to drive more than necessary today. So I went to Walmart to get some groceries and other items we need. I went home and did some cleaning. I put some beef/barley stew into the crock pot for dinner. I called the trust department at the bank to arrange for our roof to have an inspection, and get permission to order more blinds for the front and dining room, since ours are currently broken. I SO want to buy my own house. Renting sucks sometimes.

I called Darrin and made arrangements to pick him up for lunch so we can take Mary out to lunch before she leaves, then Mary and I went to my parents' house to clean up the mess we left last night. My dad had already done most of the work, so I unloaded the dishwasher and did some small stuff. We left to get Darrin and 12:15, and went to one of our favorite restaurants. We had a really nice lunch, and I was hungry--I wanted to eat. I ate too much and was in a bit of discomfort for the rest of the day.

We left Darrin at work and I went home to prepare for group lesson. I made cinnamon rolls, and set everything up while I chatted with my mother-in-law. Then I told her was really tired, and we both took naps--I needed one desperately.

My students arrived at 4:00, and I taught till 5:00. Music history today--we discussed the life of, and listened to the music of, Mozart (250th anniversary of his birth this year). It was fun.

Darrin arrived home at 6:00. We ate dinner (I was still too full, but ate a little anyway). Then, because we're all still a little fried from the weekend, we vegged out around the television. I fell asleep again. I think I must be sleep deprived.

The kids went to bed at 8:30, and we followed shortly afterward at 9:00. I was drifting off to sleep when felt a sudden, overwhelming desire to connect with my husband. I knew he was tired. I tried to go to sleep--no luck. Frustrated, I reached over to touch his hand. "Still awake?" he asked. I snuggled up and kissed his shoulder. I love Darrin. I drifted off to sleep feeling loved right back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker