Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What's all this???

A redhead checked me out at Walmart. And yes, she was my cashier, so there is a double entendre here. She did the up-and-down thing with her eyes. I was buying cold medicine in the self-check lane, so the machine stopped and I had to get approval before continuing. I got it--in more ways than one. Then she started flirting--was I old enough to buy pseudoephedrine? Could she see my ID? The giggling, the eye-contact. I don't think I've been called "beautiful" or "hon" as much in five mintes as I was at that moment.

Yes, Darrin was there. Yes, I was wearing my ring. I'm wondering what I did to trigger her gaydar...

Darrin said younger women shouldn't call older women "hon," it was too weird. Too bad he missed out on the real weirdness.

Normally, I have a thing for redheads. I felt no response today. I blame my cold...or perhaps I thank it? There's something gratifying when someone attractive flirts with you--for someone in my position it's usually also uncomfortable and a little frustrating. Today, those feelings didn't happen, either. I was just friendly, but obviously I noticed that I was being noticed--perhaps some things never change.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker