Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bugged

Time to vent. Better here than anywhere else. These are things that REALLY bug me:

A. Inanimacies (yes, I know that's not a word--but it should be):
1. Cupboard doors and/or drawers left open in my kitchen.
2. Crooked lines on the streets.
3. Dull pencils.
4. Eating.
5. Messes.
6. Crowds.
7. Dirty cars.
8. Objects placed where they do not belong--especially if in plain sight.
9. Smoke and pollutants that trigger asthma.
10. Low blood-sugar.


B. Human Interest:
1. People who believe daily showers are unnecessary.
2. People who lead me to believe they're my friends--but just want something from me.
3. People who hide things from me, either for my own protection, or for theirs.
4. Friends who say one thing, but do another, and, when called on the discrepancy, tell me it's none of my business (and even if they're right, it still bugs me).
5. People who ignore me or avoid me. I'd rather be told to shut up and go away.
6. People who ask me for truthful answers, but then are hurt if I don't say what they want to hear (which I will NEVER do--I'd rather be friendless).
7. Friends--in general--bug me. I've never quite figured out the social niceties of friendship. I don't understand it. Mostly, I've found that friends are really good about telling me if I do something they like--but if I mess up, it's forever, and I have no idea why. Maybe I just need more forthright friends? More honest friends? Fewer, but better friends? I don't know...it bugs me. (This refers to corporeal friends who live in my general vicinity)
8. People who treat me as if I'm stupid. There are many things I don't understand, but I'm not stupid.
9. People who think they know what's best for me, then get all offended when I tell them they don't.
10. People who expect me to accept them in any circumstance (which I actually think I do rather well), but want me to make bunches of changes to accomodate them. That just bugs me.

Okay--done. Shallow and stupid rant is over and I feel better. I suggest everyone take a moment to purge themselves, but if not, I'll enjoy the moment alone.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 30, 2006 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Not shallow or stupid. Things that bug you just bug you, whether they're big things that everyone understands, or little thing that just bug YOU. Maybe you do need better friends, because people who say they want the truth when they really don't are liars. Maybe unintentionally, but still. And then, even if you give them a choice - "Do you want the truth or do you want something nice? I'm telling you, pick nice" - they STILL pick the truth, and they STILL get mad when they hear it. I think the key is to pick the coolest people EVER for friends, so then the truth is almost always good anyway (my friends are the coolest people ever. It's entirely possible that there aren't many like them).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker