Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wednesday

The wind woke me before 5:00 this morning. This is not going to be a fun day for a run. I debated doing a treadmill run while I read blogs and answered email. I continued to consider this while I did my morning devotional, then finally, just went outside. The first couple of miles were wonderful--the wind wasn't cold and it was at my back. But when I turned into the wind, my asthma kicked in, and I hadn't brought my inhaler. I ran one more mile, then was forced to walk, carefully controlling my breathing in order to avoid an attack. It was frustrating. I got home barely in time to take the kids to school without them being late.

I spent some time studying and working till 1:30. Then I did something I've been putting off for about 3 weeks--I went shopping for a new swimsuit. My old one no longer fits. I despise shopping for swimwear. I hate stripping in the dressing rooms--it's required to keep underwear on, which I understand and appreciate, but it doesn't help with the fit/look of the suit. I had suggested to DJ this morning that maybe I should just go with a guy's pair of trunks (they NEVER try on). He thought I might be able to pull that off, but said he'd be a little embarassed if I went topless. Then he laughed and wished me luck. I found a couple of suits that I KIND OF liked, lots that I really HATED, but nothing I really wanted. I decided that since I have to go out of town tomorrow, I'll look while I'm there before making a final decision. I saw a mom who sends her kids to the same school I do. She wanted to talk, so I didn't get home till around 3:00.

I decided to go for a walk. The wind had died down and the day was beautiful. I walked about 3 miles, then came home. The kids wanted pizza for dinner. I went to the grocery store and picked up stuff for salad, and some fresh cherries. Then picked up some pizzas. We ate dinner, then DJ, Adam, and I left for our youth activities. I met with the young women. We were having a planning meeting for future activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker