Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Departure

Tuesday

Everyone was up early today. Darrin, Jr. had music festival and the bus left at 6:30, so he was getting ready around 5:00. Mary will be leaving around 7:30. Darrin is taking her this time. I was helping everyone get ready to go when she insisted on taking pictures. Naturally. I'm still wearing my pajama pants, no shower, bedhead to the max, I'm beautiful--so, of course, she wants to preserve the moment. SHE, however, is immaculate, nicely dressed, clean. I ran down to my bedroom and quickly donned some clothes and a weird smile for the picture. Then Darrin and Darrin, Jr. left for work and school trip, respectively.

I was feeling tired and cranky today, and a little ill from all the food I ate yesterday. I helped Tabitha and Adam get ready for school. At 7:25 my dad arrived to pick up my MIL. He is going with them and stopping at the eye surgery place to have his other cateract surgery, while Darrin takes his mom to the airport--what a carpool!! My dad chatted for a moment with me. He said my counselor had called him to report on me. He said she's worried. I don't want to hear about it. He left with Mary, who wept crocodile tears as she hugged me and told me she loved me.

I took the carpool kids to school, then went home to get ME ready for the day. I was going to run, but ended up playing games on the computer and pondering whether or not to go to work today. I wasted more than two hours playing, e-mailing, visiting blogs and sites I should stay away from... around 1:00 I decided to go for a run. I was still frustrated with the past week and ran the first mile in fewer than 7 minutes--a record for me, I think, because I'm so slow. Then I wanted to puke because I pushed so hard for a better speed. I barely was able to complete 2.5 miles before I had to stop. I walked another mile, then showered and went to work.

I worked for about 2 hours, then went home. I realized around 4:30 that I hadn't had anything to eat since my protein shake this morning. Frustrated, I ate an energy bar that I didn't want. I decided we were going to have left-overs for dinner--we have a TON!! I started reheating food and called the kids to eat around 6:00, and we all ate something. Darrin made it home a little before 7:00, and joined us in our left-overs.

We put the kids to bed at 8:00, for reading time, and Darrin left for church meetings (this will probably become a regular thing now). I have a computer virus, so I ran some scans, wrote in my blog, e-mailed, and made a training schedule for an upcoming 5K. I got very tired a little after 10:00 and went to bed. Darrin joined me later--I don't know what time it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker