Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

More E-mail

Sent yesterday:

Dear Cousin who makes me feel like I'm going to throw up (yeah, I wanted to say it),

How about Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. at the O? I'll actually be in L visiting some friends and there's one at *** R Road in L, but I'm guessing this would be quite a drive for you--maybe longer than a lunch hour will allow? There are also a couple in Salt Lake, one at *****, and one on *****. If the restaurant choice is okay with you, would you mind choosing the location you prefer, and I'll plan my schedule accordingly? Or if you have another restaurant suggestion, feel free to offer it. Thanks

Samantha



Received this morning:

Hey Sam,

You are correct that L would be too far. The ***** would work. That location is downtown. 11:30 should be fine. I will see you there.

Thanks David


Why am I doing this? Oh yeah, because I need to and it will help me. Right now, though, it would be nice if I was sure it was worth all the stress and fear. Someday I need to stop being so afraid. FDR was full of crap when he said, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." Obviously my cousin never raped him. Unfair comparison, I know, but I still completely disagree with him.

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Samantha, you rock. For so many reasons.

     
  • At Thursday, March 08, 2007 6:46:00 PM, Blogger Kengo Biddles said…

    Did I miss why you were doing this other than to have closure?

     
  • At Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:56:00 PM, Blogger Marlo said…

    I've learned there is something inside us that leads, even compels us to face our fears (or "confront" them) when the time is right for us. You probably aren't feeling so sure the time is right now, but your inner self knows it is. As I said before, You Go!!!
    I'm not comfortable with the closure word (there usually isn't some clean "end" to how sexual assault affects a person) but there is certainly a great deal of resolution to be had for you in the coming days. May prayers are with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker