Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Counseling--the end

Okay, this doesn't mean I'm finished with therapy. I have to continue for a little while longer. But I'm going to finish up my very long report in this post.

Therapist and I spent some time discussing Darrin's role in all that I've done over the past few months. I'm so incredibly blessed to have him. Then we talked about some of the fun things I did with other people when I was in Utah. Finally we discussed what comes next.

Therapist spent a lot of time pointing out my phobias and erroneous thinking, especially as it pertains to me (that was pleasant...). He gave me a list of assignments:
1. Write about my experiences leading up to, including, and following my meeting with David. Include feelings, motives, and conclusions. Post it on my blog.
2. Scrutinize my feelings for others, especially my closest friends and family. Write about those feelings for three or four of them. Post the writings (I did, but not on this blog).
3. Therapist selected three people who are friends of mine and gave me some questions to ask them. I hate this assignment. The questions are deeply personal and make me uncomfortable when I think of asking them. The point of all this is that my perceptions of how other feel about me are wrong.
4. Through the answers given to my questions, make connections about relationships, love for me, friendship and loyalty. Use those connections to work on establishing a somewhat different relationship with Christ.

There are more assignments, but I haven't decided yet if I'll do them. I have until May 2nd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker