Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Complicated

Last night Darrin and I were lying in bed, talking about nothing much. Darrin decided it was time for sleep and turned to kiss me just as I said something that caught his attention. Mid-kiss, he made a, HMMMM??? sound. I started laughing, broke away, and said half-aggravatedly, "Don't DO that!!"

Darrin: What did you just say--before I kissed you?
Me: I don't even remember! But don't do that anymore!!
Darrin: Don't do what?
Me: Don't say "HMMMM???" in the middle of a kiss. It's distracting.

We looked at each other and I started to giggle again, Darrin started laughing and we lay there, enjoying the irony of my having to concentrate in order to kiss my own husband.

This is why I married him. He doesn't care if I don't go weak at the knees when we make out. It's no big deal that I don't always feel like kissing. He thinks it's funny that I have to concentrate completely on him when we do--actually I think he likes the fact that I have to work a little, and that he's my sole focus for our intimate times--and I think he enjoys being the center of attention in those times, as well.

But now that it's morning, I sort of wonder what I said that started the whole thing in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker