Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sunday and Monday

We stayed up till after 2:00 a.m. Saturday night. There was too much adrenalin flowing--excitement at being able to present a much anticipated fireside, at being together with friends, and just having fun together. I was so tired when I finally got to bed, I was asleep almost immediately. 2.5 hours later, I awoke to the sound of my son's alarm. He was subbing for a friend's paper route. I got up and turned off his alarm, telling him not to fall asleep again. I got back to sleep about 30 minutes later, only to awake at 5:45 with Darrin. No more sleep for me.

I arose and broke the Sabbath. I did laundry, mopped my kitchen floor, and went shopping for some items I'd forgotten Saturday night--AtP and Jerman were with me Saturday, so I was a little distracted and very tired. Then I came home, went for a run, showered, and made breakfast. Tito made scrambled eggs because I looked too tired to do it myself.

We scrapped Sac. Mtg. and Sun. School, and made it to church in time for me to teach my young women. AtP came along. He looked a bit out of place, and refused to recite the YW theme, or sing the opening song. He witnessed the awkward moment when the YW President opened the door during the prayer, and hit the praying young woman in the back. I giggled through the rest of the prayer--no blessings for me. AtP talked for a few minutes about drug abuse (lesson topic), then escaped to find some testosterone in David's ward Sac. Mtg., where the other guys were congregated (David was speaking--he needed an audience). I finished teaching my lesson, then joined them. After Sac. Mtg. the guys stayed for the rest of the meetings, I went home to start dinner--a big one, to be shared with my family (about 20 people in all).

While I was frantically cooking, the guys arrived and helped--thank goodness. We ate, and David and I left to go to Messiah practice for an hour. Then we met everyone back at my house. We visited and waited for Smurf and Carrot to join us. They arrived around 11:00. David and Tito left at midnight. The rest of us played a game of Trivial Pursuit, which ended shortly after 3:00 a.m. I have no idea what we did with the next three hours (although I believe at some point during the night I slept briefly). AtP kept trying to go to bed, and then coming back to join us. Darrin sacked out by the piano and snored loudly enough to keep the rest of us awake.

Around 6:30 we decided to go get David and Tito and get breakfast. It was a little tricky, and we managed to get them to come, but not without waking up the entire household. All eight people crammed into our six-seater car, and we went to Village Inn. Tito asked me if I was on a diet, because I ordered healthy food--how funny is that??? The secrets of life were shared over Village Inn breakfast (our waitress never checked on us...hmmm), Smurf tried to eat pineapple and die, and I got more and more tired.

On the way home, Darrin decided it was a wonderful time for a tour of our fair city. In spite of pleading and begging to go home so we could sleep, he continued his educational, but boring, tour until David mentioned that maybe we ought to go home, since he was giving a lap dance to the gay guy beneath him. We arrived home, I fell asleep on the living room floor, and really have no idea what anyone else did, except I think AtP and I are bonded for life since I woke up and found him on the floor next to me--don't worry, Jerman slept on the couch as a chaperone, and Darrin was somewhere in the house. Smurf and Carrot found beds--smart people.

Darrin woke everyone around 11:00, so they could pack and get on the road. Tito and David arrived shortly after that. Smurf, AtP, and Jerman grabbed quick showers, packed, and the crew left around noon. I didn't want them to go.

After the departure, I fell asleep till 3:30, got up briefly, then back to sleep from 5:00-8:00 p.m. I went to bed for good at 10:30. Total sleep from Monday till Tuesday morning = about 17 hours. Boy, did I need it.

I know only AtP reads this, but for you, and just in case any of the other guys, or Carrot, happens onto my scary blog--I love you and I'm so glad you came to visit. I hope you'll come again. I hate to admit it, but I miss you all. What a privilege it has been to spend time with you.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker