Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Friday and Saturday

I still can't run. The bruising on my feet is extensive, and I have no one to blame but myself. Anyone knows that running barefoot on decorative white landscaping rock is a bad idea. No game of tag is worth it. How frustrating!!

I did my morning devotional, got the kids up and we started cleaning. Their bedrooms are beyond acceptable and I want them clean before they leave for New York. DJ mentioned that he thought his room had "character". I just looked at him, and he wandered upstairs to change the "character" of his room. I let them go play after about an hour. The mess was better.

The day passed quickly, as I got things ready for our trips. DJ had a movie night planned at David's house, with a bunch of guys. When I dropped him off, I picked up Annie to come spend an evening with us. I took them to my parents' house, leaving Darrin and Adam alone. The girls made a chocolate pie and watched a movie. I slept.

Annie's dad picked her up at 9:30 (caught me sleeping). Tabitha and I got home just as David dropped off DJ. We got everyone into bed around 10:00.

Saturday morning we rushed through laundry and went to the store. The boys need clothes. Darrin took Tabitha to shop for a birthday gift (another party today), and I took the boys to get clothes. I gave them a budget and told them to shop wisely--they did. They went to look at electronics and other more interesting items as I shopped for the last things we'll need for our trip. Darrin dropped off Tabitha at the birthday party and met us at the store. We bought food for dinner and went home.

The boys got packed as I finished up our laundry. DJ loaded the dishwasher for me without being asked (sometimes I really love that boy!!). Tabitha got home and began packing. It takes her DAYS just to choose a pair of underwear. I set the timer and made her keep packing. She started getting upset that we were pushing her to get done, so I told her if she was able to be packed by dinnertime, we'd eat quickly and go to a movie. She was motivated--she got finished.

We saw RV. That is a VERY stupid movie, and I laughed all the way through it. It's just light and funny--a little preachy and certainly unrealistic/unbelievable, but not in a bad way. And I was in the mood to just be entertained, so I really enjoyed it.

We put the kids to bed, knowing they wouldn't sleep. To our surprise, they were all sleeping by 10:30. Darrin and I packed for ourselves and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker