Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Grieving

Grief is interesting. I know what they say about all the steps. Knowing doesn't make it easier. I know the comfort the "Plan" is supposed to bring--sorry, today the "Plan" doesn't make it easier.

When a wife longs for the tangible embrace of her lover, when a teen longs for advice or even chastisment, when a child just needs his dad...

Nothing makes this easier.

I still can't cry.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:48:00 PM, Blogger AttemptingthePath said…

    The Spirit does, and the Atonement--it isn't just for the sinner for remission of sins, it takes away pain as well.

    I know this because 3.5 years ago my brother committed suicide, it was awful, but I've never felt the spirit more strongly in my entire life.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:50:00 PM, Blogger AttemptingthePath said…

    EDIT: the spirit COMFORTING me more strongly in my life. i knew everything would be okay.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Did it happen right away? How long did it take before you could feel it? Am I being blinded by the pain of others?

    When I see that little boy cry, I just want to hold him forever. And there's nothing I can do to make it better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker