Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wednesday

I awoke feeling physically, mentally, and emotionally fatigued--but for the first time since December, I didn't feel stressed about it. David and I spent a VERY long time together yesterday, but it was calm, productive, and no one cried.

I did my morning devotional, but felt it would be good to rest this morning, so I skipped my morning run and relaxed with my kids. It felt good. I needed this.

I took Tabitha to a nearby city for shopping and a haircut at 11:00. We had a nice chat on the hour-long drive. Her hair is nearly to her waist, and she hates caring for it. She chose a cut that was just above her shoulders and very layered--the first time she's had a "real" cut. Usually I just have it trimmed. Tabitha looks more grown up--and at the same time, younger. Weird. Her hair is starting to get curly. Not like mine, which is very intense, but larger, looser curls and waves. The beautician had fun playing with Tabitha's hair. Tabitha enjoyed the attention and compliments. I left a nice tip.

We bought some more summer pants for Tabitha to take with her to New York. She wanted a new skirt, but I told her that was something she could purchase on her own. She has plenty of money, and she'll make a better choice if she has to pay for it herself. In the end, she decided there was nothing she wanted to spend HER money on, in that particular store. We kept shopping.

We bought luggage. Since the kids are going in a different direction than Darrin and I, we can't combine our packing. I hope we can get all our suitcases in the car with us. The airport is two hours away. It could be a problem.

Tabitha and I finally arrived home around 5:30. We sent the guys out for fast food, since we had eaten on the way home. I got ready for my activity with the young women (I had to find a baby picture, favorite childhood book and toy--good thing I live close to my parents!!). DJ, Adam and I went to the church and separated into our respective groups.

We were home around 8:30, and the kids were in bed an hour later. Darrin and I did some quick planning for the rest of the week, then chatted about some of the things that have been bothering me. Unfortunately, not the most important thing. I'm not ready to discuss that yet. I have to figure it out first. Otherwise, Darrin will try to figure it out FOR me (that male "fix-it" thing), and I don't find that helpful. I took some pain killer (see "Some People Never Learn--Part III), and went to sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Actually, I think MOST women find it very easy to "vent"--but they usually do it with another woman.

    I've always had to think about things, figure things out, try to understand, before I could just say whatever was on my mind. I think that's because I always try to analyze the listener's reaction--so I get no satisfaction from venting.

    I CAN tell Darrin just to listen, but I have to keep reminding him throughout the conversation that I don't want him to fix me. He has great ideas--but I don't necessarily WANT to be fixed sometimes.

    I often vent in my blog--usually there--it's part of how I figure things out. But with this particular issue--I think I'm still hiding a little. It's a big one.

    I believe women are from Venus, men are from Mars, and Samantha is from Pluto. Sometimes David joins me there--he's a weird one, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker