Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Thursday

I skipped the last two days, because I'm caught up in emotional weirdness in my life, and I don't want to write about anything else. Suffice it to say, they were good days with my family, bad days with myself.

I woke feeling NOT tired, and ready to run. I did my morning devotional and left. The mornings here are SO beautiful. The skies are incredibly blue and cloudless, and I nearly broke my ankle when I slipped on a rock, because I was looking UP instead of paying attention to my stride and terrain. Sometimes when I run, I feel that I could continue forever. I get tired, but I still feel like my legs will take me onward--that I'll never have to stop. This morning was one of those times. I added a couple of miles to my normal circuit, then I finally turned around and went home.

My mom called and asked me if I'd accompany her to take my nephew back to his mom. That will be a 8-hour round trip drive. I'm not sure I want to do that, but my mom shouldn't go alone. We wouldn't be able to leave until 3:00, which will put us home around midnight. I REALLY don't want to go with her.

The kids and I relaxed and did some chores, then DJ and I went to the dentist--wisdom teeth issues. I tossed Dj the keys and told him he was driving. We got into the car, and DJ asked, "Okay, the clutch is the pedal on the left??" I realized he'd only driven our automatic car--which is broken down. He's never driven a stick shift. Darrin REALLY doesn't want him to drive our current standard trans. vehicle. I decided I didn't care and let DJ drive to the dentist's office. He killed the car several times. We did the whiplash jerking thing. I was laughing SO hard. When we finally arrived at our destination, he said proudly, "That was pretty good for my first time!!" I didn't argue, just laughed. He didn't drive the vehicle home.

We discussed extraction options with the dentist. DJ is VERY nervous. He wants to have the teeth taken out under general anesthesia. I told him we'd have to see what the insurance will cover before we decide.

Tabitha and I went with my mom. I drove, my mom slept. It was a LONG, uneventful trip. We got home around midnight, as I predicted. Adam and DJ were still up. So was Darrin. I sent everyone to bed, including myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker