Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, June 02, 2006


Food report--I have just past my fifth "eating normally" day. That means three meals (okay, some are a little small, but still, three), and even some occasional snacks. And I think I've not lost any weight for the last two weeks--although I can't swear to this because I stopped weighing myself (too depressing).

My carpool person is transporting the kids today, so I slept in a little, and took my time getting ready this morning. I've been investigating blogs again, and came across an interesting one earlier this week. It's a blog kept by a man who is married, but considers himself completely homosexual--we are of the same faith/religion.

I went to school and worked on a book order list for the library. We're supposed to spend $15,000.00, but the books we order need to be specifically selected. By the end of 3 hours, we'd only spent 10% of our quota. This might be harder than we suspected.

I ran to the store to pick up some charcoal for the Young Women's activity. I won't be able to go because I have to transport kids (Darrin's working late), and the times for my boys' activities overlap with the Young Women. I took the charcoal across the street to two young women who are my neighbors, and apologized for not being able to attend.

I made dinner, then took the boys to the church and dropped them off. Then I went home to play with Tabitha. We were going to play some games, but when I got home, she'd decided a bubble bath sounded like more fun. I spent some time answering e-mail, and visiting with Darrin, who got home around 7:30. He wanted to go to the church to see if he could slip in an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency, so I went with him, thinking I'd just take Adam home when his activity was over. Darrin ended up staying longer than we expected. I visited with various adults and youth. We finally left around 8:45.

I had TOTALLY forgotten about leaving Tabitha in the tub (I'm the BEST mom). But she was fine without us, and actually enjoyed some alone time with the TV remote (she usually has to fight off the brothers to get it). Everyone got ready for bed, and we were just getting ready to sleep, when Adam flew down the stairs, insisting that a yellow jacket the size of Texas was in his room. I tried to find it, but couldn't, so I pulled the blankets off his bed, closed his bedroom door and told him to sleep on the couch tonight. Then we all went back to bed--and this time, to sleep.


Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker