Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tuesday

We all woke up this morning--still tired and very sore from all the rides yesterday. I scrapped my run--too tired, too sore. With difficulty, we all made it to our respective morning places (school and work). No one wants to be in school this week.

My "boss" (Dad) is home today. I went to work and ended up going to the store with him. While they were on vacation, somehow their freezer got unplugged and they lost all the food in it. But my thrifty mother refused to throw out the blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, so she was making jam all over the place. Dad and I went to get sugar and other supplies for her. Then we went to the office and worked for awhile. Dad sent me home after a couple of hours to study for my exam. I need to take it soon.

I studied and tried to put my house in order--funny, we just went on a family outing yesterday, but it looks like a tornado went through my home. I did laundry and studied. DJ got home and immediately left for the library to work on his final school project. Tabitha and Adam got home and helped me get the house straightened up--sort of.

We made dinner and I took Tabitha and our neighbor to their youth activity. They are putting on a play for the parents tonight, based on the story of Joseph (Old Testament). They adapted the characters to be girls ("Josephine and the Technicolor Pettycoat"). It was very cute--THEY were very cute. They served ice cream sundaes and lemonade for refreshments. One girl was pouring me some lemonade when the lid came off the pitcher--I leapt back to avoid a bath, then helped clean up the mess. While we were cleaning, the same thing happened to two other girls.

We got home around 9:00, and all went to bed. We are SO TIRED. What a day Monday was. Hopefully, by tomorrow, we'll all be recovered.

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Blogger elbow said…

    I love your blog. Thanks for commenting on mine.
    I am amazed at your progress.
    You are right aboout the need to tell my wife. Things are complicated with us. She is fragile and doesn't understand. She's really close to leaving me, and...I just don't feel safe talking to her about it. Your husband sounds very supportive, that would be nice.
    Anyway. Thanks for reading. I hope it's ok to link your blog to mine, if not let me know and I'll take it off.

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Progress...that's an interesting concept, yes?? A daily challenge?? Considering the fact that I'll turn 40 this year, one would HOPE I've made progress.

    Mostly, though, I've made my decisions, I have a wonderfully supportive husband, and three beautiful children. The agony lies in the unknown--before the decisions are made, or in not sticking to those choices/covenants after they are in place.

    As for the link--well, YOU may have found my words to be of interest, but I can't see that happening with most readers. Let's face it--my "normal" life seethes with abnormal undercurrents, but I can't say I'm ever bored

    I DO hope your wife can come to a greater understanding. The emotions we feel can be compelling and delightful, as well are frightening and repugnant. Makes life feel a bit out of control.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker