Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Thursday

I got up at 5:15, and browsed blogs, considered and rejected the idea of finishing my Wednesday blog (in fact I ended up deleting it on accident), visited Ward, and checked e-mail. I found a pleasant surprise in an answer from one of the bloggers I wrote to yesterday, concerning David. He'd love to talk to my friend. I started an e-mail to David, remembered his reaction the last time I tried to introduce another man into his life, drafted the e-mail and went to shower.

Okay, we've already established that I have definite deficits in the parent department. And I hate wasps/hornets/yellow jackets. But Adam thinks that I am the bravest person ever born, and left for school this morning, confident that I'd rid his room of the pest before he got home that night. I, however, had other plans.

I went to school, and spent the morning working on the book order list, succeeding in doubling the amount of money spent--only $12,000 more to go!!! This is taking WAY too much time.

Then I went to work till 3:00, at which time I went home to ponder the flying pest in Adam's room. I tried to find it, but couldn't. So I conveniently decided that the insect was imaginary, left the bedroom door open and told Adam that there was no more to worry about. He wanted to see evidence that I'd killed it (but there wasn't any, of course), but I just repeated that he didn't have anything to worry about.

I decided to stop putting off David's e-mail, and finished it, attaching some exerpts from the pertinent blog, said a prayer and shot it into cyberspace. I expected to hear from him sometime next week (if at all), but was surprised to find a LENGTHY response in my inbox a couple of hours later. He's delighted with what he read. He wanted to have some time to talk to his parents before starting any communications, but was really excited about the prospect of talking to someone of his faith. I was relieved.

DJ and I went to pick up fast food for dinner, and we ate (late). We relaxed for about an hour, then put the kids to bed at 8:30. Fifteen minutes later, Adam was back downstairs, saying he heard the yellow jacket under his bed. Darrin and I went up to investigate, but (amazing!!) there was so much JUNK under the bed, that nothing could be determined. Darrin sprayed Lysol under the bed--nothing happened. He told Adam that if ANYTHING was under there, it would have come out, that the noise was Adam's imagination and that he needed to go to bed and sleep. Adam did. So did we.

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Ok--I have to say it--Ward, I just LOVE you!!! And you can take that however you would like.

    I love the fact that even when your life is filled with turmoil, even when you feel sadness, confusion, and negativity, you still take the time to talk to me and you're happy for the happiness in my life.

    I love the fact that you mourn when I mourn, kick me in the butt when I'm feeling sorry for myself, and advise me when I'm at a loss. Is this a true cyberfriendship??? LOL...whatever, you are a blessing in my life. I hope you don't ever go away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker