Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Some People Never Learn

So I know, you shouldn't go running on the edge of a rocky embankment after a night of rain. That would be stupid, RIGHT??? Okay, so I'm just inviting comments on the level of my stupidity...I couldn't resist. It's kind of like when you have to walk along the edge of the sidewalk curb on a busy street...am I the only one who does this??

I decided to throw caution to the wind, and run wherever I pleased, when the embankment became soft mud and I tumbled over the edge. Of course, there were THOUSANDS of other joggers, running on the correct pathway, who witnessed my graceful passage into the great beyond. I skinned both elbows and knees, my hands and slammed my shoulder into a big rock. I thought I'd just lie there a minute, and think up a plausible "I MEANT to do that!" story, when I noticed a very concerned young man next to me. Of course, he asked me if I was alright. I insisted I was. I struggled to stand and found myself being carried back UP the embankment (apparently chivalry is NOT dead). When we got to the top, he did not set me down, but handed me off to his nearby buddy, who told me to sit still, and began to check me for broken bones. I suggested that their concern was going a bit far--especially in light of the crowd that had now gathered to watch. They both pronounced me battered, but whole.

I started to continue my run, on the correct path, and found both my arms grasped by the interfering youths (okay they were probably about 28), and turned bodily around. They informed me that I was going home to rest. I told them that they WERE going too far this time, and protested all the way home--and HOW DID THEY KNOW WHERE I LIVE????? Apparently, they follow me on my morning runs, frequently. They left after suggesting we run together in a couple of days, when I've healed. I just told them they wouldn't be able to keep up, but they were welcome to try. They'd need to practice their "falling over the cliff" skills. I'm definitely the champ, and I intend to keep it as part of my daily exercise routine.

They left me with their names and phone numbers.

After they left I moaned and examined my bruises. OUCH!!! I'm thinking I'll give their numbers and names to David. He can appreciate them better than I can.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker