Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Sunday

I got up quietly and went for a run. Today I watched the sunrise while I ran. I didn't want to go home. The sky was an incredible blue--everything was beautiful. I finished my five miles, but decided to do a couple more. I just needed to stay outside.

I came home, did my morning devotional, answered e-mail, visited blog--usual stuff. I helped the kids get ready for church, and arranged for them to ride with my mom. DJ and I got ready to go to the university. Today all the students will be auditioning and registering for classes. I took DJ to the lobby where registration was taking place. He wanted me to stay, but I told him I had to go audition the pianists. He gave me SUCH a face. I asked him how I was supposed to be in two places at once, then told him he knew where my office was, if I was needed.

I went up to my room, met the graduate students who will be helping me teach the piano curriculum, and began to audition the students who were waiting. We auditioned students from 1:00-5:00, then spent some time going over stuff for tomorrow's classes. I gave the grad assistants my phone number and said to give me a call if they had questions. I don't expect to hear from them. Everything seems well-planned.

I went home around 7:00. Darrin had made dinner, and he, Adam, and Tabitha had eaten. Darrin was taking a nap, Tabitha and Adam were squabbling. I broke up the fight and ate a little. I haven't been as careful lately, about eating. I have to be more on top of that--have to keep getting better.

I was really feeling out of sorts--I think I'm just doing a lot right now and am a little overwhelmed. The kids went to bed at 8:30. Darrin wanted to talk again. The timing is just bad right now. We didn't necessarily start arguing, but I told him I just couldn't discuss the things he wanted to talk about right now. He was upset--with reason. He has ALWAYS made time for me when I wanted to talk. But I'm afraid if we talk I'll say something stupid, something I'll regret. Darrin wants us to make more "alone" time--do more date nights without the kids. I asked him if we could talk about this next week, when the seminar was over. He reluctantly agreed. He had some things he had to prepare for work tomorrow, so I vented to the computer, then we went to bed, still a little frustrated, but feeling somewhat better.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker