Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Friday

Today is the last day of school. I LOVE this day--it's when my kids come home for three months and we PLAY!!! I do have to work, but I stop teaching piano lessons (except for a few), and I keep my work hours to a minimum. The kids and I go on long walks, trips to the family property, swimming, picnics, rock-climbing--and sometimes, we just stay home, read books, play games, relax...I love summer with my kids...

We all slept in. Then we got up and got ready for the day. DJ said that he and some friends were going to hang out after school. I told him he needed to check in with me, and let me know where they'd be/what they were doing. He promised he would. We were almost ready when Adam ran down the stairs, gave me a VERY reproachful look, and said, "The hornet is still in my room." I said, "Are you sure?" "MOM!! It's hovering over my bed!!" I tried to distract him, "Are you sure it's hovering?" "MOM!!!! You said it was gone!!" I sighed, grabbed the fly-swatter and went to his room. A very tired yellow jacket was flying dismally in front of the window. It landed on the carpet, I swatted it, then, with Adam watching, flushed it down the toilet. Thankfully, the drama was short.

I drove my carpool for the last time this school year. I attended the 1-hour awards assembly for our elementary school, then spent an hour working on the library book order. I'm going to have to put in some more hours next week in order to get it finished. I went to work for a couple of hours, then went home to await my kids. We decided to go out to lunch (except for DJ, who is having a barbeque in the park), at a nice restaurant we all love. I ordered something I didn't like that much, but REALLY enjoyed the company. Tabitha and Adam talked non-stop.

We went home, went through report cards, end-of-school "junk", and relaxed. DJ helped me make dinner around 6:00. David called him and asked if he wanted to go to graduation that night, so DJ left us again around 7:15. We relaxed, watched TV and talked about our weekend. DJ called at 9:30, wanting to go to Marcus' house to hang out and mourn the loss of their Senior friends. I laughed at him, but said he could go.

We let Tabitha and Adam stay up till 10:00 (last day of school privilege), then put them to bed. I was tired, too. Darrin fell asleep stretched out on one couch, so I laid down on the other and slept, as well. Around midnight Darrin woke me, told me that DJ was home and in bed, and suggested we go to bed, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker