Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sunday, April 1, 2007

I get up late and chat with Sister Four while our daughters go swimming. My dad comes to our room and we have breakfast together. He leaves and Sister Four and I go to the workout room. We watch conference while we work out. I believe if there were more opportunities to work out during church the membership would increase dramatically. Just a statistical thought.

Sister Four and I go back to our room where we take showers and she packs up to leave. Niece and Tabitha come to the room and take showers. Niece goes to Sister Three's house, Sister Four goes home, and Tabitha and I drive to downtown Salt Lake to meet AtP and go to conference. Parking is impossible. I sit through 10 light changes, then do a very illegal manoeuver and make it into the parking garage. Tabitha and I walk across temple square. I am very friendly and meet lots of people. Tabitha says, "Mom, you know everyone." I agree with her. We walk to AtP's apartment, then to the Conference Center. I embarrass AtP by talking to the anti-mormon guy with the sign. We stand in line. We make it to our seats in the balcony, but can't find my parents. We sit down. One of my former seminary students sits next to us. I hug him as Tabitha and I exit to use the bathroom.

When we come back from the bathroom, AtP is gone. We look for him. My mom finds us. Apparently she has stolen AtP. We have to go sit with her and my dad. AtP is already seated. I sit next to him. He asks if I will switch seats so he can hear me better, indicating his deaf ear. I'm not fooled. He's afraid of the large female seated next to him. I trade places with him because I love him. Large female takes all of her seat and part of mine. She's scary. I huddle next to AtP.

AtP and I are not reverent during conference. Tabitha is. She loves it. AtP and I pass notes and giggle. We see amazing sights. We hear nothing. I should not ever go to conference in the Conference Center again. I should not go anywhere with AtP ever again.

We wait until nearly everyone leaves the Conference Center. I"m supposed to go to Sister Three's house for dinner. I call and tell her we're not coming. AtP, Tabitha and I break the Sabbath and eat dinner at a restaurant. There's too much food.

I talk AtP into coming to Sister Three's house and meeting my family. He does. It's terrifying. We stay about an hour, leave Tabitha there to play and go visit more of my "gay friends" (complimentary quote from Sister One). We talk for awhile, then the Friends put on a movie. I stay a little longer, then leave for my hotel. I have Tabitha and Niece there. I need to be with them.

I stay up and play cards with Tabitha and Niece until 1:00 a.m. Tabitha wants to stay up longer. We fight because I insist she go to sleep. It's lovely. I turn the lights out and we all crash. Tonight I have my own bed.

I have decided that when I'm rich I will live at a Marriott. I love their beds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker