Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Sunday

What happened to Saturday??? I'm not sure myself. I think a combination of having to give a lesson today, studying for an upcoming exam, and two movie nights for adolescents and teens took their toll...I studied in the morning and slept the afternoon and evening away.

This morning I slept till 6:30--that's really late for me. I did my morning routine, went for my run, and got home in time for family prayer and to kiss Darrin good-by as he left to be with his ward for church. I nudged the kids into motion, then went to get myself ready. Some weird whim caused me to straighten my hair today. DJ suggested we take pictures of it, since it happens only about 4-5 times annually. I knew he just wanted to play with the camera, but let him do it anyway.

We went to church--more talks about forgiveness. As important as it is, I think our bishop forgot that was the High Counsel topic two months ago, and our ward topic four months ago. Still, the speakers were well-prepared, that's always good.

I went out into the foyer to finish getting things ready for my lesson. My girls are so AMAZING. I'll be honest--I mostly throw out the lesson book, and teach from current conference talks. I've found that many of the stories and illustrations in the lesson seem to play on emotions, rather than invoking the spirit. And while that may make the girls FEEL something, it doesn't strengthen them or build their testimonies and relationships with God and Christ--which is my purpose when I teach them. We talked about prayer today, about really talking with God. We discussed building a relationship with our Heavenly Father based on gratitude and love. They had much to ask, and much to say. I really believe we learn best when we can ask questions, and express what's in our hearts. And, of course, the chocolate I brought was a big hit.

After church I told the kids that today was a left-overs day. We need to finish what's in our fridge before we put more into it. They all found something to eat. Darrin wasn't home yet. The Single Students had a combined Sacrament Meeting in the mountains today, so he was still with them.

My brother invited Adam and Tabitha to make churros at his house this evening. I took them over, and stayed to visit and play with my very cute nephews for a little while. Then I went home. DJ and Darrin were watching a video, so I started preparing for my workshop for Youth Conference on Thursday. I'm also going as a chaperone on Friday for the physical challenge day. I think it sounds fun.

The churro crew showed up around 8:30 with goodies. We tried the churros--not bad, even though I don't eat deep-fried foods, as a rule. I might be the only person in the world who doesn't love donuts. We visited for about an hour, then my brother and his family went home. We put the kids to bed around 10:00--they were asleep by 10:30. I played with photos and my blog, then Darrin and I went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker