Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday

I got up and went through my morning routine. I left for my run. I'm stir crazy this morning. I ran about 8 miles--and wanted to go further. But I had a doctor appointment, so I went home, showered and got ready to go. I'm seeing a dermatologist at my mom's insistence. She's had skin cancer, and noticed that I have a spot on my left cheek that she thinks is cancerous. We have VERY different complexions--hers is fair and freckled, mine is quite dark--no freckles. But I made the appointment to make her stop bothering me.

As I suspected, the doctor said it was just a discoloration due to not wearing sunscreen. He gave me some topical cream, told me to start wearing sunscreen, and to come back in three months The cream was three times as expensive as the office visit.

I went home and worked on my spring cleaning, and studied for my exam. I took the boys to a greenhouse to buy flowers, tomatoes, and herbs for my front garden. Tabitha called Annie and she came over to help us plant everything. While we planted, DJ made dinner and Adam did laundry.

I took Tabitha and Annie to Annie's house, where they will have a sleep-over tonight. I chatted with Janie for a few minutes, then went home. I realized as I walked in that I had forgotten to eat today. DJ reminded me. I ate some of the dinner he'd made, feeling frustrated and guilty. The day just slipped away, and I forgot. DJ gave me a hug and said I'd do better tomorrow. I will.

At 7:30 DJ's friends arrived for a movie night. We showed them "Arsenic and Old Lace", an old Carey Grant classic. It's one of my favorite movies. The teens loved it, but David told me I should think twice before claiming it as my favorite--because it's so bizarre. I let the comment pass.

By 10:30 the teens had all gone home. DJ and Adam went to bed. Darrin and I stayed up briefly to clean up. Then we went to bed, too.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 23, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Maybe...

    I forget to eat all the time--not high on my list of priorities. Usually, I don't EVER feel hunger.
    Sometimes, I feel pain...not lately, though.

    I'm not sure what's going on. Too many changes, internally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker