Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Farm Stories

I spent nine years of my life on a dairy farm. As the second of five girls, I was a farmhand. I fed calves, cleaned the chicken coop, gathered eggs, drove tractors, seeded fields, harvested grain and hay, helped in the barn, raised and trained horses, cats, lambs, dogs and other various animals. I don't care if I never have contact with a cow or chicken again. There are some things that I just don't miss. However...

I learned many life lessons, things I still remember and think of often. So for the next little while, I'll be sharing those here. Fair warning? I think so.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, April 28, 2007 11:04:00 PM, Blogger FoxyJ said…

    My mom has tons of farm stories too! Whenever we were growing up it was hard to complain because she could always come up with things like "well, I didn't even get my own bed until I went to college" or "I had to get up every morning and milk cows before school" or "we didn't even go on vacation because you have to milk the cows every day". So it will be fun to hear your stories!

     
  • At Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Marlo said…

    hey, I grew up a farm girl myself and being the oldest of three girls, I was my dad's "boy" helping out with the farm work. I never ran a vacuum cleaner, washed dishes, or cleaned a toilet until I went off to college, but I could work a farm :)
    I look forward to hearing about your lessons learned.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker