Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, June 29, 2006


Wow!! Tired this morning!! I fell asleep as I read my scriptures. Darrin woke me before he left for work. I finished my morning routine, but I had waited too long to go for my run. By the time I hit the top of the ridge, the sun was getting hot. I ran about six miles before the heat started bothering me, then turned around and walked home.

I got home around 11:00. I had forgotten that I was supposed to go Visiting Teaching at 11:30. I have three women that I'm supposed to see monthly. Only one goes to church actively. I had been able to make appointments with two of the three. I zipped into the shower, and hurried to get ready before my first appointment. When I got to the street address, there was construction going on in a four-block area. I parked my car, then walked to the apartment. It was sprinkling rain, lightly. My partner was nowhere to be seen. I knocked on the door a couple of times. No one was home. As I walked back to my car, rain started coming down heavily. I got soaked.

I made it to my 12:00 appointment with time to spare, feeling damp and frustrated. My partner was there waiting for me. She had come to our first appointment a little after I had left. She was completely dry. How did that happen?? Also, it had only rained on the other side of town--no rain where we currently were. Weird. We visited with our noon appointment till 12:30. Then I left to go to a meeting for seminary teachers. We met for lunch at a sandwich shop. Our school district is talking about changing the class schedule format for next year. That would eliminate our daytime seminary class. So far the district hasn't made a final decision. We decided that in order to get things ready on time for the fall, we'll just have all the classes meet in the morning before school. We finalized our class assignments (I'll still have Juniors and Seniors), got our classrooms, and scheduled our next meeting.

I hurried home. It was almost 2:00. I'm supposed to present a workshop at Youth Conference tomorrow, and I haven't had time to do any work on it yet today. I found the kids waiting for me. They were bored. DJ has a birthday party tonight (they're going to see a minor league baseball game) and needed to buy a gift, and Tabitha wanted to have Annie come spend the afternoon and evening with us. Adam was just bored. I worked on my workshop for about an hour, then loaded the kids in the car and went to get Annie. We went to the store, and I picked up some stuff while the kids scattered to shop for other stuff. DJ helped me pick out treats for the workshop, then left to shop for a birthday gift. He didn't find one. We decided to get a gift card from a local music/bookstore. We drove there, and I left DJ to purchase the card while I picked up pizza. I left the kids with Darrin, eating dinner, and drove DJ to the party.

I came home and started working on the printouts for my workshop--I'm starting to get stressed. Time is slipping away from me. My print cartridge is low on ink--I forgot that when I went to the store. Darrin walked by and reminded me that he works in an office supply store and gets a major discount, and suggested I not buy paper and other supplies at Walmart anymore. I made a comment about one-stop shopping, lack of time, and ignored him. Annie's mom came to pick her up at 8:00. I was still working.

Sure enough, I ran out of ink. I'll have to buy some more tomorrow and finish the printouts then. I hate leaving things until the last minute. I went upstairs and made packets for the workshop participants. The kids helped me until 11:00. Darrin told them they HAD to go to bed. They'll help me tomorrow. Then Darrin and I sorted through a box of HUNDREDS of Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars, to find the junk ones. I'll use them in my workshop tomorrow.

We hit the bed around 11:30. I fell asleep almost at once.


Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker