Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Normal

Sometimes I just want to be like everyone else.

I know that's stupid because every person is different.

I suppose what I mean is that I'd like life to be fairly straightforward with no second guesses or hidden meanings.

Just when I begin to see what I need to do to grow and progress, life throws me a curve ball, reminding me that nothing is easy, and really there is no place, no person who is always safe--and I will always have an added dimension which makes me hypersensitive to things many accept as normal. For just a moment I had forgotten that, and it was beautiful.

Someone asked me yesterday what it is about a person that makes me want to get close to him or her. It's actually very simple. I know the people I wish to keep as friends because when I am with them I don't hurt. It's as if, just for a moment I can shelve the pain inside me and I feel relief. My questioner looked astounded and wanted to know if I feel emotional pain all the time. Yes, of course. Doesn't everyone?

Apparently they don't. I didn't know that.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, April 13, 2007 2:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Samantha! Its Kittywaymo, I've been out of the blogging world for a while. Our son moved back home with us and is going through a hard time. So we've been trying to help him through this.

    I hope you are well and enjoy reading you and our other gangs sites, it is so very inspiring and strengthening to me. I believe our son might be going through some SSA issues. He's not ready to come to the sites yet. Right now he is not active in the Church but says he does have a strong testimony.

    Anyway, God bless you and I'll write more privately on my other laptop(no email hooked up on this laptop) Love always Kittywaymo

     
  • At Friday, April 13, 2007 5:57:00 PM, Blogger AttemptingthePath said…

    Samantha, I don't feel pain when I'm with you...except from when I laugh too hard. Ahhh the fall backs of only having one lung

    I love you.

     
  • At Sunday, April 15, 2007 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Th. said…

    .

    You can be like me, if you want. Not to boast, but I am pretty awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker