Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Wednesday

I've been sleeping in until 5:30 lately. That gives me an hour to get ready for seminary, which is plenty of time. As much as I love to teach, however, I'm starting to get tired. I know I'm doing too much, but if I stop I'll have to address the things that bother me. I'm not ready yet.

After seminary I went home and ran a few miles--only six, because I ran twice yesterday. I thought about eating. I believe thinking about eating counts as a full meal. I read my scriptures, worked through a complicated return, drafted some power of attorney forms, taught 2 piano lessons, practiced oboe for 45 minutes, and piano for 2 hours (not necessarily listed in order). Then I went for another run--only four miles this time. At some point I thought about eating lunch which counts as another meal.

I decided we were having pizza for dinner because I was running out of time to get the kids to their activities. I also decided to stop thinking about food and eat some, so I ate a piece of pizza. That actually does count as a meal. So three meals today.

Okay, I'm stressed because I have some things to talk about with my therapist. I haven't met with him for almost three weeks--which is good, actually. But he had to cancel my appointment today, and while I understand that it was necessary, I'm frustrated about it. Obviously, I need to get a grip. I can't live my life around my counseling appointments. Also, next week I have to go have another stupid blood workup done, which makes me unhappy.

This weekend Messiah will be over. I'll be happy and sad. Happy because, as I keep saying (because it's true), I'm getting tired. Sad because I love being with the people in the orchestra, and I love performing. Next weekend I have to conduct a piano monster concert (six pianos onstage, and the performers play ensemble pieces). That will be fun--I conduct the first half of the program, and a friend conducts the second half (so I get to play in some of the ensembles). Then I will immerse myself in Christmas--because I love it.

But the bottom line of all this is that I'm tired--and I can't stop. And I don't know what to do.

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Kengo Biddles said…

    Just remember, Sam, these two important things.

    1) Don't let the Lord die.

    2) Keep your bowels open.

    If you do those two things, you'll thoroughly enjoy the Messiah. :) And maybe they'll help you with the other parts of your life as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker