Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Last Night I Dreamed

I had a dream last night. I was near a very large building. It had many floors and the building seemed to ramble in many directions as if there had been several remodels and additions. The building seemed comfortably familiar. I knew many things about it and had spent much time there.

I started on the bottom floor of the building. I was with friends, some of whom I know in person, others that I have met online only. We were talking and eating lunch. At one point my dream skipped a beat and I was outside the building with a few friends. One of them pointed out that there were windows, indicating another floor that none of us had found. We began investigating.

We found many other rooms and floors but couldn't find the one we were looking for. There were strangers in the building. Some of them told us the floor didn't exist, others that it was off-limits--restricted to authorized personnel only. My friends would remind me of what we saw--of course the floor existed. And as for being restricted--well, who really cares about that? We wanted to find what we were looking for.

We went up and down staircases, and at one point my friends even talked me into joining them in the elevator. We blocked the elevator so no one else could get in (I don't know how, obviously my friends are magic), and spent a lot of time riding in it. Someone had brought treats so we sat on the elevator floor, ate the treats and sang Christmas carols--which is very seasonal, but when we were outside the building it was obviously summer--weird.

Finally, we found it. We were stepping onto the elusive floor, congratulating each other on a job well done, when an alarm went off, high-pitched, shrill. I jumped, awoke, and realized it was my alarm clock.

The interesting thing to me is that when the floor was discovered, I felt such an amazing sense of joy--as if something truly wonderful and amazing had happened, or was about to. Dreams are funny.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Foxx said…

    Dreams are funny, and they can tell you a lot about yourself. Consider the following:

    "Dreaming of a building, represents the self and the body. How high you are in the building indicates a rising level of understanding or awareness. If you are in the lower levels of the building, then it refers to more primal attitudes and/or sexuality."

    Exploring a building for a hidden floor could easily translate into how you may be exploring yourself for something hidden deep within yourself that sometimes even you don't believe exists. The taunt of the sense of joy keeps you seeking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker