Click here to play music

Magical World

Wouldn't it be lovely if, with just a twitch of the nose, life, or any aspect of it could be changed. Instead, positive changes always seem to involve tremendously hard work, determination, and endless setbacks. How lovely it would be to have the powers of Samantha Stephens.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snowbound

I'm stuck in a winter wonderland. My kids and I left yesterday afternoon to go shopping in a nearby town. The weather was not the greatest, but I grew up where the roads became snowpacked by October 31st and stayed that way until March. Driving was kind of fun. I'll admit it, I love driving in storms.

The roads closed behind us fifteen minutes after we left. We got to our destination without mishap, listening to Christmas music and watching the snow swirling around the car--occasionally we could see the road. We stopped at a restaurant for lunch, and while we were eating, we were informed that the city just went on blizzard alert and all the stores were closed. So much for shopping.

I called my sister, who lives here, and we drove to her house (not easily--there was a reason for the blizzard alert), and are still here. There's a four-foot drift behind my car and no sign of a road anywhere. We may be here till June. Hope we don't run out of food...it won't bother me, but everyone else will be highly uncomfortable if we do.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker